Howland Hughes Historical Rehabilitation
The Howland-Hughes department store first opened in 1890; the building features an ornate front façade facing Bank Street, with complex brickwork, limestone cornices, and copper ornament. This project included the renovation of the exterior and interior of the building to accommodate Post University’s 400 employee call center and executive offices as part of the adaptive reuse of this historic structure. The first floor of the building will be used for retail and restaurant space on this important community center in downtown Waterbury.
The Monroe Partnership Llc © 2020